Tuesday, February 19, 2008

wins and losses.

So I went to singapore this weekend, which means i'm not so busy with sports and work. I'm finally posting! I went to singapore in search of a nice oversized clutch for BGIC, instead of the typical big patent totes (which i'm not saying i dont like). I was looking for a.. simple, bright coloured one to contrast with the monochrome theme i'm wearing. But over there, I was disappointed. I didnt even see one. I saw a clutch in Mango, but it was a) not big enough and b) just plain black and c) the details of it weren't that nice. I had a list of the colours I was looking for, for the clothes i wanted to buy, but I have to say; singapore, you failed me this time. But the shoes there were cheap! They weren't all bad as well, we went to Bugis Street one day and it was $12 for a pair and $20 for two pairs. So obviously, most of us went for the two pairs or just the one sharing the price with another. Mine was a teal pair with two straps across the front of your foot.

Anyway, I'm not gonna talk about clothes or fashion today, since this blog isnt only about fashion and related topics. Animal Cruelty. Today, we found a cat with a string tied around it's neck, it was hung down a drain helplessly suffocating there. It looked quite young considering it's size. It nearly died there, until a neighbour of ours found it while walking their dogs and the driver immediately took it to the vets. how could someone do that? If you were to even abandon your pet, dont kill it! thats so barbaric. how could someone just walk away having attempted to leave an animal to slowly die.. don't they have the fucking heart to at least give it a nice home at another family's house? I hope the poor cat's okay..

I heard another story from Ms Tassone, in Canada, there were these fully grown men that used little baby ducklings as golf balls. that is actually the most disgusting thing that i've ever heard someone do. they're so innocent and just so cute! how dare they kill them by whacking them with rock-hard metal clubs, breaking their tiny fragile bones and just slaughtering them.



Look at the cats all cramped in one tiny little cage, how are they supposed to survive in that sort of space? Imagine all the diseases that could be passed from cat to cat. And imagine you living in some sort of metal barrell, chained up. I swear, some people just think animals are like objects. they treat them like they mean nothing to the world. god, they're just like every single one of us. treat them right people.

No comments: